After crypto winter and the bear market, we’ve all gotten to take some time to rest from the constant activity in web3. Although it’s been quieter, the development and research in blockchain has not stopped. Many people have been preparing for the new year where they can come out from the woodworks and share what they’ve been working on with the world.
Whether you’re a researcher, developer, founder, non-tech employee, or just curious to learn more about Web3, we’ve got you covered with a wide range of events happening in web3 both in-person and online.
Web3 Conferences and Events in 2023
1. European Blockchain Convention – Barcelona, Spain Dates: February 15, 2023 – February 17, 2023 Tickets: €1099-€4149 Website: https://eblockchainconvention.com/
About European Blockchain Convention Founded in 2018, European Blockchain Convention aims to to accelerate the blockchain ecosystem in Europe.
Event Program The event will take place on 2 stages with over 100 discussions held on blockchain, crypto and web3. There will be over 500 1:1 meetings, networking drinks and a 1.500 sqm exhibition area to discover brands in the industry.
2. Interop Summit – Miami Beach, FL, USA Dates: February 20, 2023 – February 23, 2023 Tickets: Free Website: https://interopsummit.com/#registration
About Interop Summit Interop Summit is an ETHDenver BUIDLWeek Community Event designed specifically to provide Web3 developers with educational sessions from leading teams across major ecosystems in blockchain.
Program The 2-day events will include keynotes, panels, tech talks, workshops, and networking. The event is taking place during the ETHDenver BUIDL week. Attendees will get to connect, learn and build with various projects, founders and developers in the space.
3. The Year of the Spork: ETHDenver 2023 – Denver, CO, USA Dates: February 24, 2023 – March 5, 2023 Tickets: Free (you need to apply for approval to attend) Website: https://www.ethdenver.com/ Sponsorship available: You can apply for an ETHDenver scholarship here
About ETHDenver ETHDenver is the world’s largest Web3 hackathon for Ethereum and other blockchain protocol enthusiasts, designers and developers. It is 100% community funded.
During ETHDenver, the community shows up to contribute to the global blockchain ecosystem, collaborate in building decentralized applications (dApps), contributing to or starting infrastructure-level projects, writing documentation for tutorials or whitepapers, designing UI/UX or info-graphics, or learn, connect, and explore different ways to get involved.
Program The program begins with a week of open-source events held by blockchain companies. Then, on March 2, it will move into the main event weekend. The main event weekend will feature workshops by influencers and experts, BUIDLathon (hackathon) space to collaborate on projects, art installations, live music, networking events, food, drinks, and more.
4. Blockchain Economy London Summit – London, UK Dates: February 27, 2023 – February 28, 2023 Tickets: £799-£4999 Website: https://blockchaineconomy.london/tickets
About Blockchain Economy London Summit Blockchain Economy London Summit (BELS) is the UK’s largest blockchain event that brings people together to redefine the future of finance.
Program As the number 1 blockchain event in the UK, Blockchain Economy London Summit brings you leaders in the crypto and industry experts to learn from over a period of 2 days. You will be able to connect and network with over 3000 other attendees from the world’s top crypto companies. You can view the full program here.
5. International Crypto, Blockchain & Metaverse Expo (ICBM Expo) – Dubai – United Arab Emirates Dates: March 3, 2023 – March 5, 2023 Tickets: Free Website: https://icbmexpo.com/
About ICBM Expo ICBM brings top crypto, blockchain and metaverse companies in the UAE together on one stage to deliver their latest offers in business and investment.
Program The conference will include talks on several topics including crypto technology solutions, blockchain legal services, virtual real estate, talks on ICO/STO and many more.
6. 2nd Annual “Global Tech Innovation Summit & Awards” – Singapore & Online Dates: March 8, 2023 – March 10, 2023 Tickets: TBD Website: https://www.globaltechinnovationsummit.com/
About Global Tech Innovation Summit & Awards Global Tech Innovation Summit is an event focused on tech pioneers, crypto projects, VC’s, Business entrepreneurs, individual investors who are involved in Blockchain, Crypto, Cyber Security, DeFi, Metaverse, GameFi and NFTs.
Program The event will include 30 speakers, 2 keynotes, 7-panel discussions and 20 key leader presentations. Government and regulatory bodies, C-Level professionals, investors, blockchain pioneers and many more people will be in attendance.
7. Blockchain Africa Conference (Hybrid Event) – Johannesburg, South Africa Dates: March 16, 2023 – March 17, 2023 Tickets: $140-$223 (Online event tickets are $6) Website: https://blockchainafrica.co/
About Blockchain Africa Conference The conference focuses on exploring opportunities and use cases for blockchain technology in Africa. Blockchain Africa Conference also aims to facilitate in creating business partnerships and collaborations that will create employment, drive economic growth and catapult development in Africa.
Program The program will focus on key streams such as blockchain-based use-cases across both financial and non-financial industries, cryptocurrency/digital asset regulation and blockchain technology hurdles and challenges. Additional topics will include changing farming in Africa with blockchain technology, renewable energy, and bitcoin mining.
Between the discussions, there will be breaks for networking both at the in-person event and online.
8. CryptoExpoEurope – Bucharest, Romania Dates: March 19, 2023 – March 22, 2023 Tickets: $110-$1000 Website: https://cryptoexpoeurope.com/
About CryptoExpoEurope CryptoExpoEurope is the largest blockchain expo in Eastern Europe. Their aim is to become the biggest Web3 expo in Europe.
Program Talks will be held by special guests who work at leading blockchain companies such as Binance and Gemini. There will also be networking events and workshops.
9. ETHDubai – Dubai, UAE Dates: March 15, 2023 – March 16, 2023 Tickets: $150-$1200 Website: https://www.ethdubaiconf.org/
About ETHDubai ETHDubai is a conference uniting developers and blockchain enthusiasts who are involved in Ethereum, DeFi, EVM, Web3 and other projects related to decentralization.
Program The first day of ETHDubai will include workshops, talks, hackathons, pitch sessions and exhibitions. Following this, on the next day, there will be panels, VC speed dating and more talks and exhibitions. You will be able to learn how to build your first dApp or about DeFi yield management strategies.
10. Paris Blockchain Week – Paris, France Dates: March 20, 2023 – March 24, 2023 Tickets: €400-€8,900 Website: https://www.parisblockchainweek.com/
About Paris Blockchain Week Paris Blockchain Week brings the greatest minds in blockchain and Web3 together to learn, share ideas and do business. The event features an excellent lineup of speakers from companies such as Consensys, Ledger, Ripple and non-Web3 native companies such as Reddit, Goldman Sachs and Jimmy Choo.
Program On March 17-19, leading up to the event, there will be a hackathon. During the main event there will be a talent fair, start-up competition, web3 marketing discussions and summit with themes such as public policy and enterprise.
11. Bitcoin Energy Summit – Miami, FL, USA Dates: March 26, 2023 – March 27, 2023 Tickets: $110-$2999 Website: https://www.bitcoinenergysummit.com/
About Bitcoin Energy Summit Bitcoin Energy Summit is an expo focused on energy solutions, power generation, and sustainability.
Program During the event you will get to witness the debut of solutions toward the energy & sustainability in blockchain from leading professionals, policymakers, institutional investors, and enterprises in the industry.
12. Fintech India and Blockchain Summit – New Delhi, India Dates: March 27, 2023 – March 30, 2023 Tickets: Website: https://www.fintechindiaexpo.com/
About Fintech India and Blockchain Summit Fintech India and Blockchain Summit hosts industry leaders and start-ups of major innovations to facilitate collaboration amongst fintech companies in India.
Program The event will explore discussions on fintech, blockchain, robotic process automation (RPA), advancement and AI, and much more. There will be exhibitions and opportunities to network.
13. Prague Gaming & TECH Summit – Prague, Czechia Dates: March 29, 2023 – March 31, 2023 Tickets: €125-€629 Website: https://hipther.com/events/prague/
About Prague Gaming & TECH Summit Launched in 2017, Prague Gaming & TECH Summit, connects industry stakeholders from several fields to exchange ideas and deliver quality talks.
Program The summit will feature discussions on iGaming, eSports, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality, and much more from C-level executives, compliance experts and government officials. There will be 75 speakers, 15 panels and 2 parties to connect and network.